It’s Monday weigh-in day again…
I lost five pounds since last week. WOW! I was ecstatic!
I know that sounds like a lot in one week. I’m not doing anything fad-ish or unsafe. I don’t want to lose weight temporarily. I want it off for good!
This was my last week’s activities and food:
- Eating salad, salad, salad! I use a homemade vinaigrette made of fresh ginger, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, low-sodium soy sauce, little water and honey. MMM!
- I make what I call a “fiesta bowl.” I warm up refried beans, cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese and sour cream. I put smoked paprika or chili powder on top. It’s tasty and filling! One bowl provides protein and fiber. It’s great for these chilly nights in November too.
- Low-sugar peanut butter and Jello sugar-free Dulce de Leche pudding make a GREAT dessert combo. It definitely works for my sweet cravings.
- For breakfast, I have Greek Yogurt (strawberry, cherry of blueberry). Very thick, rich consistency. Good protein too. Gets the metabolism going!
- As a snack, I’ll cut up mozzarella cheese and sear it on the frying pan. It hardens and becomes crispy. It’s kind of like Saganaki, if you’ve ever had that. Fried cheese.
- Stir Fry has become a regular in the house. Soy, grapeseed oil and whatever veggie you can imagine. It’s very filling and SOOO good! I use Asian Sriracha hot sauce on top. It gives great heat and flavor. I love spicy food.
- Obviously, water all the time! I drink sparkling water, lightly flavored. I’m not a big fan of tap water. Sparkling water at least has carbonation, so it feels like soda.
- I walk my dog every night and have used the exercise bike at the office workout room.
That’s about it. A combination of the above. More than just losing weight, I feel so much more in control of my life. I feel more confident and can definitely tell a difference already in my energy level.
Try it. You can do it too!